Welcome to Aston Villa Supporters’ Trust. We are an independent supporters’ organisation representing the views of its members, Aston Villa supporters, at club and national levels. AVST was formed in July 2001 and we are affiliated to the Football Supporters’ Association.
What is a Supporters’ Trust?
A Supporters’ Trust is a legally constituted organisation for supporters, who:
- Wish to play a responsible part in the life of the clubs they support.
- Are committed to strengthening the voice for supporters in the decision making process at a club.
- Are committed in strengthening the links between the club and the community it serves.
It is based on democratic, mutual, and ‘not-for-profit’ principles, where the objectives of Supporters’ Trusts will include:
- Influence – the formation and running of representative bodies for supporters.
- Ownership – the acquisition of shares in the football club to pool the voting power of individual supporters to further the aims and objects of the Supporters’ Trust.
- Representation – securing the democratic election of supporters’ representatives to the boards of directors of individual football clubs.