Since our formation in 2001, we have been involved in a wide range of activities. These have included local supporters’ issues, representing fans at a national level, working with the community and preserving the heritage of Aston Villa Football Club.
Below is a selection of these activities and achievements.
- Worked with the club’s Supporters Liaison Officer to address issues affecting supporters’ match-day experiences.
- We have been a regular attendee at the Fans Consultation Group.
- Enabled supporters to have the opportunity to ask the club’s CEO and key staff questions at the AGM.
- Campaigned with The Football Supporters’ Federation to introduce a safe standing area.
- Campaigned for an away ticket-pricing cap with The Football Supporters’ Federation.
- Prizes for members – these have ranged from tickets for games at Villa Park to a ‘money can’t buy experience’ – playing against Villa Legends at Bodymoor Heath.
- Successful application made to Birmingham City Council to list Villa Park as an Asset of Community Value.
- AVST donated £1,000 to benefit disability teams with training wear.
- In partnership with Birmingham Central Mosque operated foodbank collections for NHS Key Workers at University Hospitals, Birmingham during the COVID-19 pandemic and donated £1,000 to the University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Charity.
- Local community integration with football training sessions.
- The magnificent William McGregor statue is a testimony to the power of Aston Villa supporters. Your donations have made our idea into reality.
- The William McGregor grave restoration and rededication is another fitting tribute to our great club’s heritage. A representative attended the rededication service from every founder Football League club.
- Donations for the War Memorial plaque came via the Aston Villa Supporters’ Trust on behalf of a campaign launched on Heroes and Villains.
- The McGregor Statue and Grave: Aston Villa has a proud history and as fans we have contributed towards ensuring its heritage is honoured. The magnificent William McGregor statue is a testimony to the power of the Aston Villa supporters. Your donations have helped make our idea into a reality. Furthermore, the William McGregor grave restoration and rededication is another fitting tribute to our heritage.
- Redecoration and refurbishment of George Ramsay’s grave at St Mary’s Church in Handsworth.
We continue to build a positive and constructive relationship with the Club’s Board of Directors, so that we can discuss frankly the views of supporters.