Minutes from the Trust Board meeting held virtually on 28th January 2021.
Present: Peter Warrilow (PW), Mo Razzaq (MR), Simon Goodyer (SG), Jonny Gould (JG), Stuart Paul (SP), Nigel Canin (NC), John Taylor (JT)
Apologies: Neil James (NJ), Karl Bowater (KB)
- We emphasised that we are a community organisation with a broad church of volunteers. Directors committed to the aims and objectives of AVST. We are totally committed to all aspects of diversity and inclusion. Plus, treating each other with respect. It goes without saying that anyone joining the Board has to sign up to these values.
- Elections – Three up for re-election. SG, NJ, KC. NJ stepping down while he recovers from COVID, KC no longer eligible to stand. new candidates – SG eligible to stand again Stephen Morley, Callum Richardson. We are in communication with CR after recent emails/twitter comments about JG and request to investigate JG conduct. (external to AVST). JT to check with FSA about where we stand legally.
- PW intends to step down as chair after the AGM – so we need to find a new chair. JG thanked PW for his work.
- Voting – all prior to meeting
- Date – no date until we have discussed with FSA
- Format – see if can get Dean Smith to do a 3/5 minute slot at AGM
- Board member updates
- Accounts (JT) – £9,376 in current account (4/12/20) NC asks about donations to worthy causes. Possibly AVFC foundation. Suggest Look at other groups with volunteer leadership. Local football team, homeless, foodbanks?
- External Relations e.g. FSA. (KB) Not present
- Social Media (NJ) Not present
- Membership (SG) No report
- Heritage (SP) No report
- Club Liaison (MR)
- Meeting with club about getting supporters back in Tier 2. But then we moved to Tier 3.
- Other – Gamble Aware meeting – trying to get support to raise awareness
- Media (JG) Uploaded recording of Luke Roper / Simon Inglis event. Raised £650 to Aston and Nechells Foodbank.
- New patrons – a few suggestions – need some female / diverse reps
- WhatsApp traffic Please be careful what we say – keep to Trust business
- Look at role profiles – put together half a page on your role.
- Safety Advisory Group role PW will step down in due course – NC interested but may be difficult since London based
- Date of next meeting