Minutes from the latest Trust Board meeting held on 15th July 2020 which was held virtually via Webex.
Present: Peter Warrilow (PW), Mo Razzaq (MR), Simon Goodyer (SG), Jonny Gould (JG), Stuart Paul (SP), Nigel Canin (NC)
Apologies: Neil James (NJ), John Taylor (JT), Kris Carr (KC)
Not received: Karl Bowater (KB)
1. Opening remarks (PW)
- Accounts should be out by end of month
- Balance approx. £9,400
- We no longer pay FCA or Football Supporters Association subscriptions
2. Update on Areas
- External Relations (e.g. FSA) KB not present
- Community Links – KC not present
- Social Media – NJ not present – but noted recent good responses to adverse comments
- Membership (SG)
- Need to have better understanding of membership events – lost 98 due to non-payment & 65 not paid in June
- Present approx. 550 (July 2020)
- Club collect – ask if it could be one stop process – currently problems paying for more members than we have
- Heritage (SP)
- Spoken to Nicola Ibbotson about what the club are doing
- Museum on hold (again) A lot depends on when we get out of Covid and when we know which league we will be in next year!
- Nicola is also on Commonwealth Games legacy committee
- Heritage might be developed online as well as projects such as museum
- FCG (MR)
- Meeting with Kappa (now in second year), Club Retail Management & Fanatics – different from Fanatics / Luke set-up
- All time 11 project
- 1 fan was to be banned – matter now resolved
- Media (JG)
- Personal Trolling – JG has spoken with main troll – 45 mins of constructive/amicable conversation. Invited him to join us as a member.
- Lockdown output – Radio WM, Gloucestershire, H&W
- PW asked about the criticism JG received about his views, but this was not his views expressed as a member of AVST it was a podcast in JG’s other media work. The remarks were misinterpreted.
- Emphasis on what we do as a trust
- Support of local community
- AGM – worth the £5 on its own – CEO in attendance
3. Future meetings (MR)
- We need to put dates in calendar
- 3 or 4 times a year
- Rest of year – after accounts – then AGM which may need to be virtual
- Mid-August/September next one?
- Mix of Online – Face to Face – dependent on restrictions
- Need to be achievable / measurable
- Some for this year – Some for long term
- Email from AV Foundation about the work they do – but often we get lack of response when we contribute to their work.
- Local Community
5. Three Objectives
- First/Main objective to increase membership – Target 20% increase year on year
- Some think we are in cahoots with the club which we’re not
- We need to promote what we do well e.g. work on Asset of Community Value, community contributions
- Need to update website – better promote what we do
- What do members want – survey was done couple of years ago – maybe time for repeat?
- What do other trusts do well? (NC)
- What do they do on behalf of supporters?
- Facebook (c4,500) Twitter (c11,000) why don’t they join as members?
- What do they get for £5?
- Will look at Objectives 2 and 3 – at next meeting
6. Actions – Things to do.
- Get accounts sorted and then arrange for AGM
- SG asked PW about do we need 10 directors – when some don’t contribute much – PW promised to tackle this – in next 2 months
- JG to look at next podcast – no volunteers – so perhaps approach Adil Ray – via MR.
Meeting closed at 8pm